Have you ever watched the TV show Parking Wars? Basically it follow those poor folks that issue parking tickets back east. But I realized today that there is a way better concept. We need Parking Lot Wars.
Hear me out. Today I was driving the Pink Truck to get some milk and bananas and pulled into the local grocery store. Being the nice person I was, I was about to pull into a great spot when I made a silly mistake. I waved the other car on to pass me before turning – only to have them turn at the last minute and swoop into my prime spot. What the heck?! Once again, good gal gets burned.
Being in the Pink truck has the disadvantage of never getting mad at potential customers so I just pass by weeping into my shirt sleeve at my loss.
Then the idea hit me. Remember in that one movie where Kathy Bates rams her car into the person who took her spot. (Fried Green Tomatoes I believe). What if hidden cameras were set up in parking lots around towns (Grocery, Walmarts, etc)and captured the fighting that happens between people in parking lot altercations? I’d watch.
Think about these exciting things we could see…
- People crossing the walkway when cars are coming thinking their carts are an automatic protective device
- Remember, don’t look the drivers in the eyes or you will have to admit you were wrong to step off the curb
- Physical violence when people steal other people’s spaces
- Little old ladies attacking soccer moms with their canes
- A short woman yelling up at a 6’3″ man
- Two people screaming in different languages at each other and no one knowing what is being said
- (although we can assume they are not inviting them out for drinks)
- Someone in a motorized scooter chasing down the person that took the handicapped spot without a hanging tag in the window
- Maybe the occasional someone pulling the other person out the car window
- Yep, road rage on the pavement
- We can watch the people circling the parking lot for like 30 minutes for the spot up close just so they can sneak in to buy their lottery tickets
- People pulling into spots with shopping carts blocking them, only to slam them into the other cars around them
- Or the people who “accidentally” attempt to pull into the one “Fake you out” spot that really isn’t empty but has the cart corral in it
- Or the ones who are too lazy to walk the two spots over so they put their cart behind someone else’s car
- People coming out to find the car next to them only gave them 3 inches to try and crawl into their car
- People backing up, hitting the car behind them, then pulling out as it they didn’t feel the big bang they just did
- Or backing up over the people walking down past not paying attention to the moving car almost running them over
- Heck we might even help capture some car jacking thieves due to all the cameras
- And don’t even get me started on the clothes people go out in public with, imagine that segment
Think of the possibilities…..
Now some of the “reality” shows are semi set up, what about we put a note on someone’s car saying “Sorry I hit your car, but I had to run”. Then we watch the person flip out? Hmmm, might be on to something.
The more I think of this, I really should send my idea / proposal to TruTV or A&E. I’m starting to think this might work.
What do you think?
Do you have any great parking lot stories?
~~~till we laugh again~~~