I love to laugh. But most of you already know that. Problem is, not everyone thinks I’m funny. Well, deep down I know they do, but they just don’t want to admit it. (OK, that last part is in my head).
Having this blog allows me to share my take on the things that make me laugh. And each time I see my stats it is like verification that others might too. But let’s face it, just because someone reads it doesn’t mean they liked it or better yet ~~ that they laughed.
That is one reason I like the LIKE button. I know at least 90% of those folks liked it. (except the trollers who might not have even read it but hoped I’d check out their blog). In my mind, they still like it.
But to me, I really know people like what I say is when they follow me. Especially when I don’t have to use chocolate or bribes. And the other day when I hit 100 WordPress followers I was so happy. Then it went to 99 and then back to 100. (Guess I know one person really didn’t find me funny any longer – I blame boring Thursday)
Last week however was exciting not only for hitting 100, but I also was nominated for 3 (count them) three awards / nominations.To me, that is like folks saying, you entertain me. You help me smile when I need it. And to me, that is what this blog is about.
My first nomination came from one of my newest followers Tibbits & Dollops who nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. She has only been blogging a short while but when I read her few posts, I think she is going to be a great addition to the blogging world. Check her out.
The next day I was nominated by benzeknees who also nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Wow, two back to back. My head was swelling. The door frame had to be expanded for me to get out of the room.
Then Sunday, imagine my heart growing even more as Devina nominated me for the Liebster award. Now I know I have 3 fans! (Four if you count my mommy)
So as my heart pounded from the love, it got me thinking. Part of being nominated for this Blogging Hot Potato is to Nominate other bloggers. Too keep the love rolling. The key to all of these awards is to help draw attention to other bloggers. I know some folks get tired of being nominated however I suspect they love the nomination but hate the work it takes to share the love. And that is ok. It does take time and can be a butt. So when someone takes the time to link back to me and basically tell their readers to check me out, I’m flattered.
When you are a new blogger, you can’t wait to win your first award. It tells you someone is watching and what you are saying is either making someone laugh or they like what you have to say. So for my nominations, I want to pay it forward to those that are newer to the blogging world and hopefully help bring them some love from the rest of us. (See them below)
Oh, I guess I should be a good role model and explain this better. So let me get all serious (impossible) and share the rules to the whipper snappers:
The Rules of the “Versatile Blogger Award” are as follows:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers. (Really ~~ or what strikes your fancy)
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination. (Not going to lie, this is the fun part and the time consuming part – LOL)
- Share 7 random things about yourself. (Try and not be boring, no pressure or anything)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. (Your torturer ~~ I mean complimentor)
- Add the “Versatile Blogger Award” pic to your blog post. (Right click save as ~ then remember where you saved it)
The Rules for the Liebster Blog Award is a little easier
- The award is given to a blog with less than 200 followers that deserves a little more recognition (personally, twitter followers don’t count as most don’t read more than 140 characters)
- Give a shout out to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog (tough for those “link” challenged)
- Nominate 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers (Rolled into my 15 from other award, whew, two birds, one stone)
- Spread the good blog karma (Love me some good karma!)
- Lastly, don’t forget to add the Liebster blog award image to your post. (You can borrow mine)
Now, to check my boxes and spread the love!!!
First I’ll start with my 7 Random things:
- Officially no broken bones but did have one growing out the side of my foot as a kid, cracked my elbow so bad I couldn’t bend it or drive, and dropped something on my toe busted it open and cracked it good too.
- I’m a klutz. Trip over nothing and constantly finding random cuts and bruises. I tend to run into walls, edges, you name it. Darn things really should move for me.
- My home office is a disaster and one day I will write a post on it’s transition I hope to do this century
- In my home office I have like 30 clocks on the wall. None of which work. I’ll include in above post someday
- I have a thing for new cars. The smell of a new car makes me smile. I use to get a new car every other year. Then one day realized how much money I spent on this silly obsession. So 11 years ago I stopped the madness and bought my last new truck… One of the original Ford 150 Crew Cabs. I’ve had it since 2000 and I still LOVE my baby even if it is pink now (long story – click here)
- If stranded on an island I would need it to have a power supply. I will need a way to recharge my iPad and laptop
- Finally, I wear glasses. If you read my post on hating eyeballs you would understand why
OK, Now let’s share the love. I’m nominating the following folks for the award. I have either found them recently or they found me. Either way, they are newer bloggers and could use some of our love, so please check them out and see if any of them grab your attention like they did mine. I don’t think you will be disappointed. And don’t forget to check out those that nominated me.
- My Word Your Ear
- Following Funny
- Pig Love (no, not like that silly ~ I think LOL)
- Surviving Life With Grace
- Random Deviations
- Dropped on Her Head
- Gen Y Girl
As a Bonus ~ these three just crack me up. I’m not expecting them to pass it along since they get tons of love and nominated weekly, but they are always good for a good laugh for me and you should check them out. There are others in my blogroll. (Note to self, I really should stay up on that part)
- Notes from a She-Hermit (let’s help get her to 300 followers, she just hit 200 and counting) But I’ll warn you in advance… LOL
- You’ve Been Hooked (cracks me up on observations of the human race)
- The Owl & the Pussycat (these comic strips crack me up)
Ok so I didn’t even come close to 15. but hey, it’s still 11 more than most do. LOL
Now, let’s have a great week and get to laughing!
~~~till we laugh again~~~